Friday, June 6, 2008

Squash Casserole

I was going through some old e-mails when I came across a recipe exchange that I participated in one time and I found the one my mom had sent me... I haven't made this in a long time but I think about it often... Maybe it will show up in my menu soon. Until then, here's the recipe courtesy of my mom, Sonya. Good Eats, From My Kitchen to Yours!

Squash Casserole

4 bags pic-sweet brand cut squash w/seasoning -peppers and onions

1 large jar pimento

2 package of herb flavored stuffing mix

1 16 oz size container sour cream

1 cup melted butter

2 cans cream of chicken soup

Steam cook the frozen squash

pre-heat oven 350

mix melted butter with both boxes of stuffing mix - layer 1/2 of the mixture on the bottom of a 11 x 13 casserole dish, safe other 1/2 for topping

remove and drain most of the liquid from cooked squash, combine remaining ingredients, place in casserole dish and add remaining stuffing mix.

Place in oven and cook for about 30-40 minutes until mixture is bubbly.

No comments: