Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Fancy Chicken Casserole

That isn't its proper name, but it's what I've decided to call it. I found a recipe for a stuffed chicken breast and it sounded good but I took it a little different direction. I hope you like it as much as I do. Feel free to add your own touches and when you do, let me know how it goes! I will attempt a picture tomorrow :-)

Good Eats, from My Kitchen to Yours!

12 chicken breast halves
1 c. Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
1/2 c. butter (melted)
1 c. Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 TBSP Parmesan Cheese
1/2 TSP salt
1/2 TSP black pepper
1/2 TSP ground Cumin

Preheat the oven to 400.

Pound chicken breasts into less than 1/2" thick pieces. Place a small amount of the shredded cheese in the middle of the flattened chicken breast and roll it up. Use a toothpick or an uncooked pasta noodle to hold it in place. Place the chicken rolls in a 9x13 pan.

Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and cumin. Pour the melted butter over the chicken. Spread the bread crumb mixture over the butter covered chicken. Cover the pan with aluminum foil. Bake for 20-30 minutes until the chicken is done.

While the chicken is baking, make the cream sauce.

3 TBSP butter
2 TBSP flour
1 pint heavy cream
1 c. shredded monterey jack cheese
1/8 c. Parmesan cheese

Melt butter, add the rest of the ingredients until the cheeses are melted.

Pour this over the chicken when it has finished baking. ENJOY!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

This sounds so good!!! I am going to save this recipe and give it a try soon. I'm loving my friends having food blogs. FINALLY the peer pressure paid off. ;)