Thursday, May 22, 2008

Yellowfin Tuna with Sweet Corn Salad

(Picture Courtesy of Food Network)

I'm not big on fish. I'm not good at cooking it and if it's really fishy, I don't like eating it. However, Winn Dixie had Tuna Steaks on sale so I started with that. Why not make my re-debut something new and unique. This is the recipe for 6 servings so you can either take it to lunch the next day or dinner the next evening and I have plans for it in totally different ways after that.

For the Tuna

6 (5-ounce) Tuna Steaks
salt and pepper to taste

Season each side of the tuna with salt and pepper. Heat your grill to high and cook the tuna to the desired temperature.

Sweet Corn Salad

2 Tsp EVOO
6 ears of sweet corn - grilled with husks on, kernels cut off the cob
1/2 c. sweet onion
1/2 c. diced tomatoes - peeled and finely chopped (I used the can version... DRAIN THEM WELL)
1 TBS Fresh Cilantro
1 TSP Pure Cane Syrup (Pretty sure this can be done without...)
2 TBS Lime Juice
1/4 TSP Salt
(I used a dash of crushed red pepper to give it a kick... it went nicely with the citrus-y flavor)

Heat a large skillet over Med-High heat. Add the oil, corn and onions and let them sizzle for a minute or 2. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss them to combine. Allow it to cool.


Place 1/2 cup of the Sweet Corn Salad on each plate and place the tuna on top.

Rob didn't rave, but he ate it to my surprise! He said he liked it... he didn't clear his plate but that he ate any at all :-) I give myself a KUDOS haha

Good Eats From My Kitchen to Yours!

No comments: